The Art Education specialization is only available to students enrolled in the PhD program.
Completion of the specialization is recognized with a transcript designation on the OSU transcript.
To earn a transcript designation, complete four courses from the list below in addition to dissertation research hours that involve the study of a question in art education.
Please remember to fill out an Art Education Specialization Form.pdf to apply.
- 7604 Teaching of Studio Activities
- 7606 Technology and Digital Texts
- 7607 Curriculum Development: Artmaking
- 7640 Critical Dialogue about Contemporary Art and Visual Cultures
- 7652 Computer Graphics and New Media in the Arts and Education
- 7707 Action Research Theory and Practice
- 7709 Arts-Based Education Research Approaches
- 7716 Theories and Philosophies of Community Arts Education
- 7731 Evaluation and Assessment in Arts Education
- 7753 Information and Communication Technologies in Art Education
- 7755 History, Politics and Practices of Visual Culture in Art Education
- 7757 Identity, Desire, and Fantasy in Visual Culture Education
- 7764 Investigating Material Culture
- 7765 Critical Dialogue about Visual Culture and Contemporary Art
- 7766 Exploring Practices of Meaning Making and Artmaking
- 7767 Critical Analysis of Multicultural Art Education
- 7775 Social and Cultural Theories in Art and Art Education
- 7795 Seminar on Topical Issues in Art Education
- 7808 The Arts and Integrated Curriculum
- 7831 Historical Research Approaches in Art Education
- 7841 Philosophies of Art, Culture, and Pedagogy
- 7842 Semiotics and Feminist Aesthetics
- 7843 Writing for Publication
- 7875 Social and Cultural Research Methods for Art Education
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.