245D Sullivant Hall
1813 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Contemporary Art
- Philosophy of Art
- Decolonial Education
- documenta 14
- Global Exhibition and Biennial Culture
- Creative Classical Reception
- 2002-2006 PhD in Classics, University of Cambridge
- 2001-2002 MPhil in Classics, University of Cambridge
- 1998-2001 BA in Classics, University of Cambridge
Selected Recent Publications and Projects
- No Philosopher King: An Everyday Guide to Art and Life under Trump (AC Books 2019) (as Minus Plato) - book based on the blog Minus Plato
- ‘Three Lessons from Twombly’s Academy’ – book chapter in C. Basualdo (ed.) Cy Twombly: Fifty Days at Iliam. Yale University Press. 48-65.
- Our Book to Come (this week, last year) (as Minus Plato) - series of six interactive lectures at CCAD’s Beeler Gallery as part of the exhibition How Well Do You Behave? IN THE FLAT FIELD, 02/18-03/18.
- ‘Psychic Life in the Specular City: Narcissus, Rome and the Kristevan Slip’ – book chapter in B. DuFallo (ed.) Roman Error: Classical Reception and the Problem of Rome's Flaws. Oxford University Press. 233-254, 2018.
- Alarm Clock Academy: A Minus Plato Project about Time and Awakening, (as Minus Plato) - coordinated questionnaire project in collaboration with the Wexner Center for the Arts, 02/18-04/18
- ‘Charles Olson’s Second Sophistic: Towards a Post-Beat Poetics’ - book chapter in Sheila Murnaghan and Ralph M. Rosen (eds) Hip Sublime: Beat Poets and the Classical Tradition. Ohio State University Press. 252-270, 2018.
- Oh Mother Reader, I Can Feel (as Minus Plato) – multi-media installation with OSU students, shown as part of the exhibition Labors: An Exhibition Exploring the Complexities of Motherhood, Pearl Conard Gallery, Ohio State Mansfield Campus, 02/18-03/18.
- Review of Jacobus, (M). (2016) Reading Cy Twombly: Poet in Paint – book review for caa.reviews, February 12, 2018.
- ‘Blood is flowing in Carthage: Simone Weil between Force and Colonialism’ – essay in South as a State of Mind #9 (documenta 14 #4) Fall/Winter 2017.
- Void Writing – an exhibition by 조은영 – curated exhibition at the Center for Epigraphical and Palaeographical Studies at OSU, April 10-28, 2017.
- Come Along With Me – curated exhibition at the Riffe Gallery/Ohio Art League, Columbus, Ohio, January 26-April 15, 2017.
- Creative Lives in Classical Antiquity: Poets, Artists and Biography – edited book with Johanna Hanink, Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Hippias Minor or The Art of Cunning – edited book with Paul Chan and Karen Marta, Badlands Unlimited and DESTE Foundation, 2016.